Under the UK and EU’s separate General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we, Electron Volt Limited, will collect and use your personal data in order to process your orders, contact enquiries, return requests, and related activities.
Why does Electron Volt Limited need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you with a service we need to collect personal data for correspondence purposes and/or to enable service provision such as order fullfilment. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes Electron Volt Limited would contact you for additional consent or require manual customer opt-in. You can manually opt-in to marketing emails through the newsletter section in your account.
Will Electron Volt Limited share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Electron Volt Limited in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf such as product manufacture and shipping. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Electron Volt Limited’s procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data to a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise. In any case, your personal data will not be shared with third-parties for marketing or analytical purposes without prior consent.
How will Electron Volt Limited use the personal data it collects about me?
Electron Volt Limited will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the GDPR. We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Electron Volt Limited is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will Electron Volt Limited contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that Electron Volt Limited holds about me?
Electron Volt Limited at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Electron Volt Limited does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Electron Volt Limited or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The UK and/or EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
Electron Volt Limited accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: passport, driving licence, or birth certificate. In some cases we may ask for additional information to ensure access is only given to the appropriate person.
Representation for data subjects in the EU:
We value your privacy and your rights as a data subject and have therefore appointed Prighter as our privacy representative and your point of contact.
Prighter gives you an easy way to exercise your privacy-related rights (e.g. requests to access or erase personal data). If you want to contact us via our representative Prighter or make use of your data subject rights, please visit our compliance landing page.
You may contact us directly using our contact page.